This tool allows you to create new user accounts, edit existing user accounts (i.e. change passwords, etc.), and associate users accounts to org, venue, and artist profiles.
To create a new user account, go to “Users” in the admin control panel and click Add New link.
- Enter a unique username. When creating a username:
- Do NOT use an email address for your new username.
- Your username may only be lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers (0-9); no spaces.
- Type in user’s email address.
There are several roles or permission levels that you can select. The default user role is Subscriber, which you can change to any other user role available. Here is the list of roles with a brief explanation for each:
- Administrator is the old Super-Admin permission level which means you have access to all the administration features in the back end dashboard.
- Account Manager is the old Content Manager permission level. This user can review/approve events, orgs, venues, etc. but does not have access to all the setting features in the back end dashboard.
- Subscriber is the old Calendar Partner role for front end users. This user can only manage their own profile.
- Contributor is a back end blogging role; this user can write and manage their own posts but cannot publish them.
- Author is also a back end blogging role, this user can publish and manage their own posts
- Editor is also a back end blogging role; this user can publish and manage posts including the posts of other users.
If you are setting up a user account for a general front end user, keep the Role set to Subscriber. If you are setting up a user account for a site administrator, set the Role to Administrator or Account Manager.
- Check the Skip Confirmation Email check box.
- Generate Password: you can either use the auto-generated password or type a specific password. If typing a specific password:
- Your password must use more than 5 characters.
- Your password may include a combination of uppercase (A-Z) and lowercase (a-z) letters, numbers, and the following special characters: !@#$%^&*()
- Please note: Our password login field is case sensitive.
- Enter first and last name.
- Profile Image: There is no need to upload a profile image so you can skip this step.
- User Association: If the new user is a Subscriber and plans to manage an existing org profile and/or submit events on behalf of the organization, select the organization from the Organization drop menu. If the user manages the venue, select the venue from the Venue drop menu. Please note, user associations only need to be made if the org/venue/artist profiles already exist on the site.
- Apollo Config: If you have the Bulk Import Tool enabled, you can add it to a user’s dashboard by clicking the check box next to Enable/Disable Import event Tool. For more information on the Bulk Import Tool, click here. To understand the front end experience of the Bulk Import Tool, click here.
Enable / Disable Import Event Tool
The bulk import tool is assigned to users on an individual basis. If you have an organization that presents numerous events, you can enable the Bulk Import Tool by checking the box.
If the Bulk Import Tool is not available on your site, please contact us and we will install the tool.
Bypass Pending Approval
We also have a feature that allows submitted events to go live immediately and bypass the review and approval process. If you are setting up an account for a trusted user & organization, you can enable the Bypass Pending Approval by checking the box.
- Click Add New User to save the user account.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org