If you’re using Facebook ads—or you plan to use them in the future—there’s one key tool you should start using right away. The Facebook Pixel will help you get the most out of your social ad budget.
What is a Facebook Pixel?
The Facebook pixel is code that you place on your website. It collects data that helps you track conversions from Facebook ads, optimize ads, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to people who have already taken some kind of action on your website.
It works by placing and triggering cookies to track users as they interact with your website and your Facebook ads.
The Facebook pixel provides important information you can use to create better Facebook ads, and better target your ads. Facebook tracking pixel data helps ensure your ads are seen by the people who are most likely to take your desired action. This allows you to improve your Facebook ad conversion rate and get better ROI.
Even if you’re not using Facebook ads yet, you can still install the Facebook pixel. It will start collecting data right away so that you don’t have to start from scratch when you’re ready to create your first Facebook ad.
How to Create a Facebook Pixel
Here’s how you do it:
- Open Facebook Ads Manager – https://www.facebook.com/ads/manager/accounts/
- Click on the hamburger icon (≡) in the upper left-hand corner and click Pixels, which is under the Measure & Report tab.
- Click the green Create a Pixel.
- Name your pixel, enter your website URL, and click Create. When choosing the pixel’s name, keep in mind that with Events Manager, you only get one pixel for each ad account. The name should represent your business, rather than a specific campaign.
- If you select Manually Install the Code Yourself option, simply copy and paste the code into an email and send it us – we’ll take care of adding it to your site. Or, you can select Email Instructions to a Developer and send it to us at Network Support.
For more information, please visit Facebook’s FAQ page on the Facebook Pixel at https://www.facebook.com/business/help/742478679120153?helpref=faq_content
Questions or suggestions? Contact: email@example.com