(This module may not be available on your site)
The Bulk Event Import Tool is intended to provide you with a convenient method of importing large amounts of event data and related images into the system without having to fill out the event submission form for each new listing.
To access the Import tool, just log into user dashboard and go to Events > Import.
From here, you can enter your event information two ways! The easiest and preferred method is to add your event information directly into the embedded form. There are drop menus for the org, venue and event type fields to make selecting easy. Once all your information is added you just need to click the Import Event button located just above the embed form
Or, you can fill out the .csv template first and upload the file using the IMPORT(*.csv) button. This will place all of your information into the embedded form. Once the template is uploaded, you can edit any field(s) before importing your events.
Please note, you can click the View Full Screen link to increase the visibility of the embedded form.
Using the Embed Form
The following is a list of data fields that are included in form. This list also indicates if the field is required or not.
- Event Name (required) – This field is the name of the event.
- Org Name (required) – use the drop menu to select the presenting organization for your event. Please note, your organization MUST be a registered org; temp orgs cannot be added.
- Venue Name – Use the drop menu to select the venue/location for your event. Please note, your venue MUST be a registered venue; temp venues cannot be added.
- Event Description (required) – This field is the event’s description and should have at least once sentence worth of text.
- Event Category (required) – use the drop menu to select the primary category for your event.
- Event Subcategory – use the drop menu to select the sub-category for your event.
- Event URL – This field is the URL of the “official” website of the event. You must include http:// or https:// with the URL.
- Event Phone – This field is for the phone number to call for tickets or more information.
- Event Email – This field is the email address for ticket or more information.
- Admission – This field is for the ticket price and related information.
- Ticket URL – This field is the URL if tickets are sold with this event. You must include http:// or https:// with the URL.
- Start Date (required) – Use the drop menu calendar to select the start date for your event.
- End Date (required) – Use the drop menu calendar to select the end date for your event.
- Days of the Week – Enter the start time for each day of the week your event occurs.
- Image – Our form no longer requires you to upload a separate zipped image file or folder. Simply, enter the URL path where your event image is hosted.
- Contact Name (required) – This field is the name for whoever is submitting the data.
- Contact Phone – This field is the phone number for whoever is submitting the data.
- Contact Email – This field is the email address for whoever is submitting the data.
The embedded form has four buttons – import events, save for later, add new, and reset form. Once all your form fields are filled out, you can click on the Import Event button to upload your events or the Save for Later button to save your form and finish it at another time.
Using the .CSV Spreadsheet
The .csv spreadsheet layout is similar to the embedded form. Once you have filled in the fields, you can upload the information to the embedded for by using the Import CSV button. This will transfer the information from the the spreadsheet to the embedded form so you can make additional edits.
For example, if you do not know the org ID number for the presenting org, leave it blank and when you upload the spreadsheet, you can select the presenting org from the drop menu on the embedded form. You can do the same for the Venue and Event Category.
IMPORTANT! The order of the fields in your CSV file MUST match those indicated in the CSV template exactly. Please do not remove the first row of field names in the spreadsheet template. If they do not match exactly then you will receive an error during the upload process. There are some fields that are not required to have data; however, the overall field order and structure must be maintained to avoid errors.
ALSO IMPORTANT! All content MUST be in “plain text.” If you are pasting content from a MS Word document, you need to strip it of all its formatting by pasting the content into NotePad (an application generally found in your Accessories folder in the START menu) or similar application before pasting it into the CSV template. This will ‘neutralize’ the text and get it ready for a clean import.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: email@example.com