Welcome to the Artsopolis Network page for the Revive (formerly OpenX) ad server. The Revive ad server is a free, open source ad serving system that facilitates the quick and easy delivery of advertising to your website.
To begin, go to the following link: http://ads2.artsopolis.com/
Log in using the username and password you were provided. If you do not have an username and password, please contact email@example.com and we’ll set up an account for you.
Once logged in, there are three tabs at the top – Statistics, Inventory, and Preferences.
Revive Adserver has the ability to track and report on the following banner delivery statistics:
- Requests: Whenever a request to display a banner is made (from a zone invocation code), Revive Adserver can be configured to immediately log a “request” to note that the request for a banner was made.
- Impressions: Once Revive Adserver has selected a banner to display, and the banner has been successfully loaded for the user to view, then Revive Adserver can be configured to log an “impression”.
- Clicks: If a user clicks on a banner, Revive Adserver can be configured to log a “click”.
- Conversions: In the event that a tracker tag is triggered by a user and this can be associated with a previous action by that user, then Revive Adserver will log a “conversion”. (This is not a configurable option; conversions that occur will always be logged.)
Under the Inventory tab, there is a list of Key Concepts on the left sidebar. Below, is a brief description of each key concept:
- Advertisers – An advertiser is a person or company who wants to display advertising on your (or some other) website via your Revive Adserver installation. Each advertisers will have one or more campaigns.
- Campaigns – A campaign is set of related advertisements that an advertiser wants to display. Campaigns allow shared details, such as the dates to start and stop showing the ads, and the frequency with the ads are displayed, to be managed in a consistent way across the related ads (called banners in Revive Adserver). Each campaign that an advertiser has will have one or more banners.
- Banners – A banner is the content (called a creative in Revive Adserver) and the associated properties that make up an on-line advertisement. A banner is what the visitors to a website will see displayed to then as the “ad”, and be able to click on or interact with in some way. A banner’s creative can be a static image, some HTML code, a Flash banner, text or a video ad.
- Websites – A website in Revive Adserver is simply a placeholder to collect together all of the zones for a website on which you will display banners. Accordingly, websites will have one or more zones. A website in Revive Adserver can also be thought of as representing the publisher.
- Zones – A zone is a defined area on a website where banners will be displayed.
The Revive Adserver “Preferences” tab is where you, as a user, can set edit your user preferences such as changing your name, email, and password.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org