Advertising banners can be placed on specific areas of your website. Below is a mock-up of potential placements and ad banner sizes.
To upload an ad banner and its associated ad zone to your website you’ll need to use the ad zone’s invocation code. To find the invocation code, log into your ad server account with your username and password, and follow these instructions:
- From Revive, click on the Zones tab from the left sidebar
- Select the ad zone you would like to upload
- Click on the Invocation tab from the top menu
Adding Ad Banner to Right Column
Now, log into the admin dashboard of your site and follow these instructions to add the invocation code to the right column:
- Click Appearance > Widgets
- Drag a new “Apollo Custom Widget “ to the Apollo Primary sidebar. This list represents the order in which the right column is laid out (i.e., Search Event widget is always at the top but you can rearrange the other custom widgets to suit your needs by dragging and dropping).
- Click the down arrow of the new Custom Widget to open it up.
- Click on the Edit Content button
- Click on the Text tab and paste the invocation code into the description area
- Save and Close
Refresh your website on the front end to see the new banner in your right column.
Adding Ad Banner to a Category Page
Adding a banner to a category page is a little more detailed and requires you to set the category page as a “theme” page. Log into the admin dashboard of your site and follow these instructions to add the invocation code to the right column:
- Go to Events > Themes
- From the Select Category drop menu, select the category page for your new ad banner and click the Add New button.
- On the New Theme form, check the Leave as Normal check box. This will retain the features and normal function of the category page.
- In the Top Description field, paste the invocation code; be sure you are in the Text view and not the Visual view.
- Click the Save Theme button.
Refresh your website on the front end to see the new banner on your category page.
For more information on invocation codes, please visit the Revive User’s Guide at: http://documentation.revive-adserver.com/display/DOCS/Invocation+code