- Hover over the Venues link on the left sidebar dashboard. Click on Categories.
- Type the new venue type in the Name field under the Add New Categories header.
- You can ignore the Slug and Parent fields. If you are using Yoast SEO, you can add a venue description to your new category type. You can click the ‘Display to Public’ box to have the description show up at the top of the category’s page.
- Click the Add New Categories button. The new venue category will appear on the right in alphabetical order.
If you ever need to make changes to your existing categories, simply hover over the one you wish to change and click “Edit.”
Standard List of Venue Types
Below is our standard list of venue categories or types, that can be altered to fit your needs. You can have unlimited category types.
- Amusement Park
- Community Center
- Concert Hall
- Cultural District
- Golf Club
- Historic Building/Landmark
- Performing Arts Center
- Shopping District
Questions or suggestions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org