This plugin makes it fast and easy to capture all kinds of visitor information right from your site—even if you don’t have a Constant Contact account.
If you have a Constant Contact account, all new email addresses that you capture will be automatically added to the Constant Contact email lists of your choosing.
NOTE: You can use the Constant Contact Form plugin without a Constant Contact account. All information collected by the forms will be individually emailed to your site admin.
Here is a quick overview of what this plugin can do:
Add A Constant Contact Signup Form to Your Website
Once the plugin has been installed and activated, from your Dashboard, you will need to add a new form.
Create your Signup Form
- Enter a Form Name, so you can tell your forms apart if you create more than one.
- Add a Form Description. This is text that will appear above the fields that people will fill out. It’s a good place to make a little pitch to prospective contacts, like, “Join our list and stay up to date”.
- Select a list your subscribers will be added to. This step is required.
- Check the “Opt-in checkbox” to allow visitors to subscribe to your mailing list.
- Add Fields is where you’ll select the information you want your new contacts to provide. Email is the default field. You can add a description within the field box itself as well.
- Click Add Another Field to add more information (like First Name and Last Name).
- The Move Up and Move Down buttons allow you to change the position of the field on the form.
- Click Publish when you’re done.
Add Your Form to a Page
Now that you’ve created your form, you can add it to your site and start gathering sign-ups.
On your WordPress Dashboard, click “Pages” to create a new page or open an existing page to add your form.
- Click the Add Constant Contact Form button on the toolbar.
- Important: Do not use the button called Add Contact Form. This is a WordPress button that isn’t connected to Constant Contact.
- Choose the name of the form you want from the dropdown menu.
- Click Insert Shortcode.
- Click the Publish or Update button to save your changes.
- Click the Preview Changes button to preview the form on your Signup page.
Questions or suggestions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org